Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

4/7/2011 The Decision

I read that keeping a blog about my upcoming photographic journey to Missoula Montana would be a good idea.  My thinking is that it will give me something to refer back to during those times when I ask myself "what have I done!" and then I'll blog about those times too and hopefully look back at them and think to myself: "what was I so worried about?"  So feel free to read along but be forewarned that I'm no writer and I'm certainly no blogger! It's just me, jotting down a few lines because I hope it will prove to be a beneficial and insightful experience for myself.

4/7/11 The Decision:
I've been sitting here reading the course offerings and descriptions in the RMSP catalog for the millionth time.  Each time I find myself more and more confident in my decision to embrace the fear & excitement that goes along with my choice to attend RMSP.   For me, the decision to attend RMSP was a life altering decision and not one that came easy.  I have been looking at RMSP for almost 4 years now.  I remember the time frame because Mark and I had just started dating when I first discovered RMSP.  I chose not to attend at that time because, well let's be honest, who of you wants to take a 5 month sabbatical from a brand new relationship? I didn't, and thank goodness I didn't!  Instead, I followed my heart and now Mark and I are married.  If not for his support and constant reassurance I'm not sure I'd be on this path to RMSP today.  As I said, the decision merely to attend has been life altering in itself, I can only imagine the impact that the actual program will have on my life.  In making the decision to go I had to take into account that fact that for 5 months I will be leaving my husband, his wonderful son Justin who I have come to regard as my own, my family, my friends, and my job (taking us from a two income household to a one income household).  I will be missing pivotal events in the live's of my friends and family, some of whom are getting married or having their first or second child, all of which I will not be there for.  So, this decision comes with heavy expenses but the costs have been measured and I am confident that the end result will be an unparalleled reward.

And that is my first attempt at blogging!!
I suppose when I feel chatty I will attempt to blog again!



No comments:

Post a Comment