Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

5/2/2011: Encouragement from the RMSP CTBB

5/2/11: Encouragement from the RMSP CTBB


I had originally edited this post before sending out my mass email about my blog but I see that for some reason it did not update...hummm?   I'm still very green when it comes to this blogging thing!  The update was about why I needed "encouragement" from the RMSP CTBB in the first place.  A few days before this post Mark and I were talking about how close my upcoming trip to MT was.  All of a sudden it hit me and the fact that I'm leaving became very real!  I felt the tears coming and then I just lost it!  Poor Mark was so confused.  He didn't know what to do.  He said, "but I thought you were excited..."  Poor guy!  They just don't understand the emotional roller coaster that us women ride on a daily basis!  I can laugh about it now but at the time it was very upsetting!  I still feel that fear rise up inside me from time to time but posts  on the Rocky Mountain School of Photography Career Training Bulletin Board (what a mouth full, hence the abbreviation RMSP CTBB) like the one below from Mary Brunst help to reassure me whenever the panic grows!

FROM: Mary Brunst 2011 Assistant 2010 Graduate
Hello 2011 Career Training students! I cannot believe how fast one year can go! As a 2010 SI, Pro Studies and AI graduate, I remember this time last year being exactly in your shoes. Not unlike many of you and many past RMSP students, I had spent years pouring over the catalog and looking into several photography schools before heading to Missoula last May. What an incredible, fun-filled, highly educational summer 2010 was for me, and I know 2011 will be the same for you! So I know I’m going to sound like a broken record of the endless and positive things that you have already heard in making your decision to attend, but they are true, so here goes..... Get ready for one of the most amazing summers of your life! It is intense, it is work, but it is learning what you love... so rest up my new friends! You are about to embark on an adventure, one that will show you the world through a whole new lens. You will be surrounded by people who share your passions and spark your creativity. So get ready, come with an open mind and your shutter finger ready to be put to work! As with everything it is what you put into it, so come prepared for the exciting journey that is in front of you! Its going to be great, and I am humbled to be a part of it. I am returning this summer as a teaching assistant and am greatly looking forward to being back in the RMSP environment, as well as being a small part in your photography journey.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I can't wait to see the pictures you take in MT! - oops I accidently signed up to follow your blog twice and I can't figure out how to undo it? I guess I'll just be your biggest fan! :)

    ReplyDelete