Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Visual Studies Assignment V

"I find I always have to write something on a steamed mirror."
-Elaine Dundy

So, you may have noticed that I didn't post my assignment for Visual Studies IV, don't 
worry I will.  Until then though, here's my assignment for Visual Studies V.  
The project was based on incorporating text in pictures.  I found a quote and 
decided to create the image that came to mind.   

My Vision 


The above photo was the image I turned in for critique, it has a white border 
and at the bottom I added the quote by Elaine Dundy. 

The Critique


Eileen Rafferty, my instructor, liked the idea of photographing a quote.  
She didn't, however, like the words directly on the photograph or the white border.  
She suggested a thin black border with the quote below as a caption.  
Hence the above reconfigured photograph. 

Which one do you prefer?

P.S. try photographing a word on a steamed up mirror - it's extremely difficult

1 comment:

  1. The quote made me smile because it reminded me of myself - I thought it looked great on the bottom of your picture and added to the creativity- my vote is for the top pic!

    ReplyDelete